Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

I should go to which specialist to treat my muscle pain in leg ?

I m 20 and a little overweight and inactive, but I ve been trying to exercise. I ve been having slight calf muscle pain for the last couple of weeks (I think I pulled muscles while exercising, maybe). I didn t feel anything at first though. It started with one spot, now it spread to other spots on my leg. It also started on my other leg, too. I just felt a pull on the lower part of my leg (like something tore) but it didn t hurt. I took a multivitamin the other day, because I heard nutrition could be part of the reason and I have poor nutrition. But other than that, what is wrong with my legs? What type of specialist would I see for muscle pain (or can I visit my regular physician)?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  90
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query. It sounds like inflammation of the muscle,possibly a tear. You can take painkillers like aceclofenac and a local applicant of diclofenac/aceclofenac. You can meet a regular physician for it. Have a healthy living
Answered: Sat, 9 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Minoo Bhagia's  Response
Hi ,chanmi , muscle weakness and pain can be due to low vit B12 , calcium and vit D.
Try to cut on oily and spicy foods , take foods like broccoli , eggs (white ) , fish , garlic , oats , brown bread or multigrain bread , brown rice etc.Vitamin B12 tablets are available as cynocobalamine or methylcobalamine which you should take 500 -1500 micrograms daily.For calcium you should drink skimmed milk and take calcium citrate and vit D3 supplements.Regarding muscular pull you can do hot fomentation and apply ointments containing diclofenac sodium , it is better to go to a physio as they are having steam packs which they apply on your back and calf muscles plus they apply TENS , diathermy also and do calf stretching if they feel like but it is better to visit an ortho first who will give you some antiinflammatory drugs , muscle relaxants.
Take care
Answered: Sat, 9 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor