Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

I noticed a pea sized lump in my stomach, how to get rid of it ?

Hello, I am a 23 year old female. A few months ago I noticed a pea sized lump in my stomach, well under the skin in my fat. I have since noticed several around the body which hurt a bit when they are pressed, especially around my belly button. I have been referred for an ultrasound as I have a lump about the diameter of a 10p, that hasn t grown (has been the same size). I would just like to know if you had any ideas of what they might be? I have other symptoms too like constipation and occasional twinges (down below) I m not due to start my period for another few weeks. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 9 May 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  2257
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
it may be umbilicus hernia as your suffering from constipation or may be lipoma.
it is very difficult to tell without better consult doctor who can examine and diagnose accordingly.
good luck
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Gyan Prakash's  Response
hi.welcome to HealthcareMagic per your saying it may be subcutaneous may be lymph node,lipoma or neurofibroma.for diagnosis there is need of through examination and biopsy if should consult doctor for diagnosis and treatment.
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Hi welcome to healthcare Magic

There are many reasons for the cause of swelling in the abdomen.. It can be sebacious cycst, dermoid cycst, lipoma, etc.. A detailed clinical examination is required. USG (ultrasound) of abdomen is will be done.. If necessary they will take biopsy to find the cause.. treatment in all above cases is surgery, excision of the lump....
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Thank you for your diagnosis. The first doctor I saw said that the lump down below was gristle whereas the second doctor couldn't feel it or anything on my abdomen but he mentioned a possible hernia. If they are lymph nodes what is the treatment?
Thank you
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor