Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

I noticed a lump under my eye lid size of a pimple for which I started tearing

Okay so I wear contacts and a couple of days ago, i began to feel pressure in my right eye but i figured it was a lack of sleep but yesterday i noticed a lump under my eye lid, the size of a pimple. Its hard and sensitive at touch. Its located in the outer corner of my right eye, top lid. Today it started tearing. I don t think it is a stye, then again I have never had one before. I am going to the eye doctor tomorrow but I just wanted to ask on here so i can feel somewhat at ease because I m concerned. Thanks:}
Asked On : Tue, 7 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  181
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Please avoid wearing contact lenses till this gets treated.It should be stye.Avoid pressing it,you can take analgesic for pain and put some antibiotic eye drops if you have one.Please do not touch it frequently.With treatment you should be fine.bye.
Answered: Tue, 7 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
It most probably is a Stye. It can result due to refractive error of the eye due to constant rubbing of the eyes with your hands. A course of topical antibiotics will do. Visit your Ophthalmologist and get it looked at.
Answered: Tue, 7 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor