Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

I need medicine for cold. Had different city water

I am 40 yrs old, need medicen for cold im just feeling today, had different city water...travelling lot in the last week...I dont moke smoke...occasional drinking
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jan 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  278
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Dear Sir I am Dr Ravinder Sharma On the basis of information provided it appears that you have a acute infection possibly due to contaminated water. It can be a bacterial infection or a viral infection. Viral infections usually settles in 5 to 7 days and all you need is some analgesics or antipyretics to take care of acute discomfort in throat. If it is a bacterial infection you will need antibiotics -- choice of antibiotic dpends on the causative organism. I would advise you to consult a docotor so that you can work toward the diagnosis of your problem. If you do not smoke or drink this will improve your chances of recovery. I hope this answers yor query I hope you get well soon. with regards Ravinder Sharma
Answered: Tue, 10 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
I'm on methadone for pain. The last time I had a cold I took musinex, it put me in a black out zombi for two days.... So what can I take for a cold and congestion while on my methadone that won't throw me into this coma state, please help!!!!
Answered: Mon, 18 Jul 2011
  User's Response
you can take tab Sinarest at night Take plenty of fluids- and atleast 2 ltrs of water/day. YOur cold should be allright in 2-3 days. PLs do not take this tablet during work/ driving as it can make you a little drowsy take it at night only the tablet will relieve your symptoms.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

take advil cold or chericold tablet for 3 days once in the morning and once in the night if in three days symptoms does not improve than you may have to go to doctor for examination and you may require antibiotics to control the cold

Answered: Fri, 8 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor