Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

I may have Tietze syndrome. What treatment can I take ?

Dear Doctor My name is morteza barati, Male sex, 52 years old, 164cm height, 62 kg weight. I have parkinson for almost 4 years and since then I am taking tablet Levodopa 100mg/Carbidopa 25mg three times a day along with Selegiline 5 two times a day. A week ago I felt there is a 2cm diameter mass of something close to my left chest , almost hard tissue with pain when I tough It. I Consult with some specialist ...then I had CT which the whole study is as fallow: There is thickening of soft tissue elements at costosternal junction with obliteration of subcutaneous fatty tissue and edema and inflammatory changes, however bony and cartilaginous elements are normal whithout any periosteal reaction or any lytic or destructive lesion . Overal, focal inflammatory changes without any discrete mass lesion is demonstrable, suggesting conditions like Tietze Syndrome. Plz tell me what should I do since I am a parkinson Patiant, help me If It is possible
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  265
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
you can apply ice over that part,can also apply local analgesic cream or patch.
if pain is severe you can take tablet ibuprufen under medical supervision.
give rest to that area.
Answered: Mon, 13 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
For Tietze syndrome the prescribed treatment is NSAIDs like Diclofenac, Ibuprofen. If it does not help, you may try for Steroid injections in that area which will give relief. Local Lidocaine patch may also help. Kindly consult with your Physician regarding this for correct medicines since you are on drugs for Parkinsonism.
Answered: Mon, 13 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor