Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

I m suffering from severe cough, Please advise me the remedy for it

I m suffering from severe cough for a month. I feel my chest is filled with some liquid and it doesnt let me breathe, talk or sleep easily. I ve tried all possible natural remedies like honey, ginger, pepper, milk and turmeric, etc., but of no use. I did take some medicine prescribed by my doctor, but I threw it up and since then I ve stopped all medicines. I ve also been throwing up often since then, but I m able to consume food. When I vomit, a transparent, thick liquid is thrown out. I also have post-nasal dripping and have recently developed headache. I m also prone to acidity, but not sure if this is connected. Its effecting my work too much. I m desperately in need of help. Please advise.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Feb 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  543
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi shweta,welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.cough for more than 1 month with post nasal dripping means upper respiratory tract infection,that is should immediately contact doctor to avoid complications and proper treatment.
Answered: Tue, 8 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Post. nasal drip with mucus expectoration and cough with sinusitis calls for proper treatment. Use Sy. Crux 2 tsf.tds with 2 tablets of lavangadi vati and kanth sudharak vati to be sucked. Avoid curd and cold food.
Answered: Tue, 8 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Jagdish's  Response
Hi. Welcome to Healthcaremagic

You have multiple symptoms. Cough and postnasal drip are clearly connected. Upper respiratory tract infection cause these symptoms. Even acidity can cause cough but it happens in severe cases.

I suggest you get Sinus X ray and chest X ray. After X ray results consult MD for evaluation. Get A course of antibiotics for 1 wk. Use Pantop for acidity.

Regards, Dr. Jagdish
Answered: Tue, 8 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor