Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

I m married and have a kid, still i m underweight. Planning for a second kid. Need to increase weight. Does it indicate any abnormality? Concerned?


i want to gain weight. I am 26 years old married woman. Recently i delivered a baby but still i am underweight. wat is the reason behind it. can u suggest me some tonic which can gain my weight. Since we are trying for another baby. So is there anything optional medicine which will not effect my pregnancy and also safely gain weight
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Hi !

Thank you for your query.

I think you need evaluation for thyroid function and anaemia before planning for baby .You can take a multivitamin syrup and healthy diet till then but actual root cause needs to be found out for you being underweight.

I think you should see a physician for this problem and get yourself evaluated.

Hope you are satisfied with the answer.

If you have any further queries feel free to ask.

Wish you good health.

Take care.
Answered: Thu, 4 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor