I just had my cholesterol checked and I am terrified. I am completely addicted to Mountain Dew

I am a 39 year old woman that is completely addicted to Mountain Dew-- I dont eat as it supresses my appetite and I usually have close to 9 a day (regular)... I went in to have my cholesterol checkd and the numbers are terifying. They couldnt even measure my good cholesterol since I dont have any! My other number was 240 and my triyclerides were 665!!! She started me right away on Zocor and Niaspan.. I ended up in the ER with a allergic reaction to the Niaspan so she doesnt think I will be able to take it and told me to ONLY do the zocor?? I asked her if my mountain dew habit had anything to do with these numbers and she said NO?? Same thing with excercise. it wont help she claims...I do know a little bit and I am thinking that she is really wrong about the dew and excercise-- Im telling myself no more soda, a good diet and excercise--Im also scared cuz I cant take the Niaspan anymore??? Im so confused right now and scared since she told me my blood was like butter!! Im a walkin heart attack!! O and she told me that my serequel that I take at night for sleep is adding to the high tri levels. I also had m thyroid checked when I went in and I have hypo-T so she started me on a pill for that--- AAAHHHH!!!! Just wondered if anyone knew something else I could take with my zocor to get these numbers down-- Im so sensitive to these meds but I am really scared to NOT take them, hope this made sense?? Does the high Cholesterol have anything to do with my hypo-T???
Wed, 14 Sep 2011