Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

135 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I just brought my 64 yr old husband home after

I just brought my 64 yr old husband home after being in assisted living since December, 2017. He had been diagnosed in 2013 with mild cognitive disorder which now culminated to early onset dementia. At that time, in December 2017, our home situation determined it to fall under the "Baker Act."
His medications, and or progressive decline regarding the disease, from my position, no longer appears any threat to me or himself in any way. He is now back home and our family is surrounding him with all the most tender care we can provide him. My question is, that since he is incontinent, I would like to use the external condom catheter. He is presently wearing diapers. Hygenically, I find it to be a danger zone. Unfortunately, because of my husband's disease, he cannot, at this time, connect the use of a bathroom or male urinal. What do you advise?
Tue, 6 Nov 2018
Report Abuse
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, My Husband has corn on his foot. It is painfull. We brought one conplast put that. after one week there was no pain. After again pail will start. But there was message on that conplast cover. USE ONE WEEK AFTER PAIN IS THERE CONSULT WITH DOCTOR. Is there any home remedy or we should go to the doctor ah. Please advise me. good service.

doctor1 MD

hi my aunt went in to coma with fit that occurred 7 -10 times on same day . mri report showed she has got a clot in left brain. after 15 days treatment now i she is o.k ,but she is a b.p and diabetic patient.what is her future lifespan?she is 64 year old

doctor1 MD

i am 31 years old i have one son i want to be preganant but my husband is in uae he comes once a year for one month one of my doctor advice me to take this tablet non stop till i get preganant or more it will take at least 10 month for my husband to come to india TABLET NAME IS GLYCIPHAGE TABLETS 500 MG email YYYY@YYYY

Loading Online Doctors....