Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

I haven t had my period, what it could be ?

I'm 19 years old and I haven't had my period since June of 2010, seven months ago, and I was wondering what it could be? I've never been regular but the longest I'd go is 4 or 5 months. Now it's starting to worry me. Should I see a gyn first? My oldest sister is trying to get pregnant with her husband and she was told that she may not be able to conceive naturally. But she was on birth control for over 10 years. I was on it for about 4 months, that was 2 years ago. So I don't know if maybe it is genetic or if something is going on with me personally.
Asked On : Tue, 1 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
You need to see your gynac about some tests.You could be having polycystic ovaries,thyroid problems,high prolactin etc.These tests need to be done along with an ultrasound.I suggest you see your doctor about getting these done.You need to identify the problem so that you dont have conception problems.
Answered: Tue, 1 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor