Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

I have weird scar-like marks on hip, what this may be ?

I have red scar like marks that have developed on my hip/thigh area over the last couple months. I left them alone hoping they would clear up but they haven't. I've pulled my hip flexors twice each and thought maybe it could be related. Also, I have gained about 20 pounds in the last year but hae also grown about 2 inches. Any idea what this may be?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Aug 2010
Answers:  4 Views:  507
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.Welcome.These are stretch marks developed because of gaining excess weight.Your pulling of hip muscles has nothing to do with your marks.Normally these marks don't go away,once developed.Better consult a dermatologist and see if he has something to offer you in this regard.Good luck.
Answered: Fri, 14 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
do you wear tight underwear that could cause marks
Answered: Tue, 31 Aug 2010
Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
Hello.........Welcome to Healthcaremagic ........Good day. U are not mentioned sex..according to Ur sayings ..It could be Linea albicantes and congestants is due to over stretching of Skin .,Epidermis could be exposing dermal part of the skin...due to that the redness will appear.........Linearity is due to creases of the skin . o.k hence I advising Using Moisturing creams with aloevera will give good result..........first U reduce Ur weight as much as possible........bye
Answered: Fri, 14 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
welcome to HCM.
Tight inner wear can cause red marks to appear at the site of tight spots of inner wear. It may occur due to capillary haemorrhages, scratching etc.
Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura also needs to be excluded.
Consult a doctor and let him examine the area and if indicated blood tests may be necessary to rule out bleeding disorders.
Wish you all the best.
Answered: Thu, 6 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor