Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

I have undescended testicles. is it curable or not ?

I have undescended testicles. one is located and the other is not seen in the ultrasound . I have also made a semen report which shows nil sperm count is it cureable r not ? I am married .age 31.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Nov 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  189
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Undescended testes which are not brought down till adulthood can lead to a few consequences of which infertility is one among them.In your case, laproscopy may need to be done to locate the testis and at the same sitting they need to be brought down to the scrotum. However, it does not guarantee that the sperm count will improve. It may take 2 laproscopical procedures over a period of 6 months to bring the testis in a staged manner. Also, while bringing down the testis, your urologist will do a frozen section or biopsy of your testicles and if any thing suspicious, that testis may have to be removed. however you need to see a urologist in person who will be able to decide the best plan of treatment after examining you and reviewing you scan reports.
Answered: Tue, 16 Nov 2010
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor