Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

I have tinnitus and now hearing loss

Hi I have tinnitus for past 2years and now facing hearing loss in both ears, please advice me... Age:29,Weight : 68, Height: 179cm thanks Sri
Asked On : Mon, 30 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  259
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
cochlear implants may be useful for your condition.
consult your audiologist about it.
try reduce caffeine intake
if u r a smoker avoid smoking.
if u r suffering from BP keep it under control by taking the prescribed medications.
certain behavioral and cognitive therapies also help
Answered: Mon, 30 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Sumit Bhatti's  Response
1. One option is to mask the tinnitus by using hearing aids.
2. You are probably a candidate for BAHA (Bone Anchored Hearing Aid). Is your hearing loss conductive, sensorineural or mixed?
3. Transtympanic steroids (dexmethasone) are of help in half the patients I treat.
4. Tinnex (Carvoverine) is a newly launched treatment.
Answered: Fri, 3 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Sumit Bhatti's  Response
1. Can you post your audiogram? What is your Speech Discrimination Score?
2. Have you has any previous treatment or medication? Has your eardrum been examined?
3. How severe is your tinnitus?
4. Do you have any other co-existing disease including nasal problems or history of head injury?
5. Do you have any dizziness or vertigo?
Answered: Mon, 30 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor