Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

I have swollen neck lymph node on my neck. What are the steps for treatment & consequences or complication that may happen ?

hi, I have enlarged lymph node on my neck, noticed one month ago, it s not painful unless pressed, from my latest blood test i have an elevated uric acid level, do they have a relation ? what are the steps for diagnosis & treating this type of swelling ? & what are the consequences or complication that may happen ?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  447
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Homeopath 's  Response
hi Khalid;
Enlarged lymph node can be benign or sometimes tuberculous.To rule out Tuberculosis get investigated-CBC;ESR;X-ray of chest;& Mantoux test done.Check it with a doctor so that you get proper opinion after examination.If everything is normal then the doctor may prescribe some antibiotic.If required he/she may advise you a biopsy.
So better consult a doctor close by.
Answered: Fri, 25 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor