Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

I have swollen glands with a large white spot at the back of my throat

swallon glands, hurt to swallow white spot has appeared at the back. Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here. Swallom glands wit a large white spot at the back of my throat ..
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  850
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
that could be a sign of two stds - hiv or syphilis or cancer (not to scare you but i know how you feel)
Answered: Tue, 12 Apr 2011
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response
Hi Douglas,

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum
This can be acute pharyngeal infection, those glands are the enlarged lymph nodes secondary to the throat infection. Drink plenty of warm water, do gargles with povidone iodine mouth wash. Take pain killers like ibuprofen/diclofenac. If the infection does not subside please consult a good ENT specialist.
Take care

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Mon, 18 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor