Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

I have swelling in my right knee from 1 year, is it an any specific arthritis ?

i am pankaj age 22 now i have pain at both knee ,left shoulder ,left ankle and right heel ,spine.iam facing this problem from 1 year which start from swelling in right knee and gradually come in to other joints .I have also faced same problem 5 year back then after treating i recovered in 2 year but this will again start and it is difficult to control now. the main problem is that disease is not exactly diagonized .my hla b27 was +ive 5 year before so intially doctor told me its ankylosing spondylitis . but at present i have given my blood sample two times for hla b27 and its negative. but still i have the rafactor anticcp, is negative checked for two times so sign of rheumatoid is i am waiting for your answer
Asked On : Sun, 6 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  167
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Dear Pankaj,
Your arthritis seems like to be spondyloarthritis mainly Ankylosing spondylitis to me.Only HLA B27 report whether positive or negative does not make a diagnosis /rule out diagnosis of this condition.X rays /MRI of sacroiliac joints will confirm the diagnosis.So you must consult a local rheumatologist who will guide you for this problem.In the meantime you can do regular spine extension exercises,take pain killer medicines.Swimming is best exercise for you.Please do not do any joint massage,it may worsen the condition.
Answered: Mon, 7 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor