Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

I have swelling around my eyes, please help me

I am, 23 years old male...I have swelling around my eye's.Lot of swelling on right eye and initial at left eye...I have been facing this problem from past one year..i have cleared(negative) thyroid test such as T4,Tsh and normal in blood test as well as serum. I am feeling a bit nervous the things which are happening to me.So please doctor help me to slove my problem.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Answers:  2 Views:  409
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Swellings around the eyes can come from many other causes, besides thyroid. Most common is stress,lack of sleep, acidity, hypertension. less common is some kidney problems or some space occupying lesion in the bony orbits, which house our eyes - commonest SOL is "pseudo tumour". Do get your family doctor to rule out all these. If normal, relax, reduce your stress levels and you should be OK. If not, see an eye doctor to rule out Pseudo tumour. This is not a malignant condition and can be treated and cured by medicines.
Answered: Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
swelling around eye can be dur to many causes. it can be due to kidney problem,stress,insomniaor some real pathology behind the eye.consult a opthalamologist
a clarify all these and follow his advice
Answered: Fri, 6 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor