Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

155 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I have strange, puffy, painless lump on penis

Hi, my name is Brandon, I m 27 years old, 5 9 and weigh 160 pounds...I have no medical history other than deep seated anxiety ...anyhow, I m starting to go on one of my downward spirals. Because on saturday, I ve noticed that I have this strange, puffy painless lump directly under the head of my penis. It s more on the right side on the underside of my shaft...I do masturbate every morning and sometimes during the day and I know this could be lymphocele but the thought my dying of cancer is making me seek further and further into a mix of anger and depression . Now, it has started to heel yesterday, but if came back after I, you know...and I ve been on the phone the past few days trying to get to the bottom of this. And I have scheduled a appoinment. But I find so hard to enjoy my daily routines because of the possibilty of cancer, please help!
Mon, 16 May 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Dear Brandon,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.

The painless lump on your penis could be a lipoma.

Usually lipomas are painless swellings can occur in any part of the body.

Do not worry about the swelling. Better confirm with your doctor

Contact me for more information or guidance

Wish you Good Reproductive & Sexual Health
With Warm Regards,
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Brandon, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
Do you have any bend in your skin? You are having Peyronie's disease which may manifest a Lump in the shaft of penis. Cancer within the penile shaft is very rare. You should be getting yourself examined by a Urologist to rule out the exact cause as there are various causes for this, like heredity, trauma, Hypertension or Diabetes. There are various treatment options for this like Extracorporeal shockwave therapy, Medications and various other surgical Procedure. Your Doctor may decide upon which treatment suits you once it is confirmed, after examining you.

Wish you Good Health.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....