Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

I have small lumps right at the top of my butt.

I have small lumps right at the top of my butt crack right above the small dimple. It is veru sore to the touch and when I sit but when I stand squat or walk I am fine. It goes away after a couple days, but just curious what this could be, please help
Asked On : Sun, 6 Feb 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  1153
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
This could be a small cyst , it an be painful . If it red and painful, it could be a subcutanious ( below the skin layer )infection. This should respond to antibiotics and analgesics. Your local doctor will be able to help you out. Try local application of antiseptics/ spirit.
Answered: Tue, 13 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.It can be local collection of pus,infected sebaceous cyst or it can be a pilonidal sinus.Must visit a surgeon for proper diagnosis and treatment .good luck.
Answered: Sun, 11 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
It sounds like you have a sebaceous cyst. See your local doctor and he will prescribe you medication to clear it up within a week.
Answered: Wed, 9 Feb 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor