Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

I have shoulder pain on and off pasing on the hands. Any Online doctor is there Who can assist me effectively & fast ?

I have shoulder pain on and off every time and i am having it for almost a year. Sometime it is so severe that it passes to hands you feel your hand/ grip become weak. I am a medical transcriptionist, and i work for a long near computer. Any doctor s there. Please help me what I am having and what i have to do ?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jan 2010
Answers:  5 Views:  210
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response

You have to undergo a detailed examination and a bunch of X-Ray and CT scan of the spine. Based on these reports the further treatment would be decided. The treatment may include medical painkillers, cervical collar, physiotherapy, and or surgical treatment..
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  User's Response
Hi.. The pain could be due to one of the nerve roots getting compressed in the cervical spine.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  User's Response

This need medical attention as soon as possible.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  User's Response

If left alone this condition can worsen leading to continuous severe pain or worse paralysis of the arm.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

YOu need a neurology opinion. And a nerve study for the arm nerves. It can also happen if your work station is not good and causing strain.

Answered: Wed, 13 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor