Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

I have severe tooth ache. I already had 2 teeth extractions few years back.

I have gingivites since my childhood.Since few days I have a severe tooth ache and my tooth is moving.I already had 2 teeth extractions few years back.I dont want to go to the dentist because he will say I need scaling and extraction of my tooth. Which is very painful so its out of question.I am just 26 I cant have my teeth extracted on and off.Please tell me what should i do? Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 6 Feb 2011
Answers:  7 Views:  215
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dentist 's  Response


At the age of just 26 you got your two teeth extracted that is really bad.
let me tell you my friend that in case of gingivitis only, there is no need of dental extraction.
It is your internal fear only because of which you are not taking your proper treatment. You had already assumed that dentist will say you to get this tooth removed that's why you are not going for the treatment.

Now a days even your tooth is mobile there are options available, by doing gum surgeries, root planning and reattachment procedures your teeth can be saved. but this depend only after proper diagnosing the case.
My suggestion is to visit to your dentist as soon as possible so that it wont spread ahead.

Dr. Vishal Jain, Vitaldent, Faridabad.
Answered: Thu, 29 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Amit Sharma's  Response
please consult a good periodontist for treatment. You seem to be case of AGGRESSIVE PERIODONTITIS which shows symptoms by age of 21 usually and later by age of 40-45 many teeth needs to be removed due to advanced periodontal destruction. get regular check up every 3 months along with OPG radiographs taken in every year to check bone level.
Answered: Thu, 29 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist, Prosthodontics Dr. Ashish Pandey's  Response
if you want to avoid extraction then go for medicine it may subside your severe pain. take oflaxacin 200mg with ornidazole combination two times a day and flexon MR 1tab three times a day and becosule zn 1 cap Once a day. mouthwash for oral rinse and do regular brushing with thermoseal it will help you.
Answered: Tue, 27 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, a mobile tooth has to be removed and replaced. Please do not delay it. Your dentist will give you proper local anesthesia to make sure there is no pain. By delaying the treatment you are worsening the condition because the infection keeps spreading and involving the adjacent teeth. please go for extraction, thorough scaling, a flap surgery and replacement of the missing teeth. if these are done step by step, you can avoid further damage. Take care!
Answered: Mon, 10 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Gyan Prakash's  Response
hi.welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.sorry to say but you have no option have to follow the advice of have only to follow their instruction and maintain good oral you should brush twice a day.
Answered: Sun, 6 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Brush you teeth at night as a must and after this take a bit of salt add turmeric and mustard oil to it to make a paste and rub it on gums, your problem will be solved.
Answered: Sun, 6 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Jenkins sahayam P's  Response
you cant ignore a treatment and still expect good to take place,Todays treatment are patient friendly and you will have little or no discomfort. plz go ahead with your dental visit and solve your problem which might aggravate if untreated
Answered: Sun, 6 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor