Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

I have severe ocd. What do you suggest ?

i have severe ocd since 5 years.was on drugs like fluvoxamine.but didn t help that much.what do u suggest i have severe ocd since 5 years.was on drugs like fluvoxamine.but didn t help that much.what do u suggest i am very much worried about this age is 25m.
Asked On : Sun, 25 Apr 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  257
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response

Depression is a medical challenge and the patient and the doctor have to take it in the same spirit. You should not expect immediate results. Thanks to the potent drugs that are available in the market which is beneficial. But not all drugs suit all patients so changes shall have to be made and some time given for the action to take place. Once done, there shall not be other problems. So take it in the right spirit, be in regular follow up with your psychiatrist and also take supportive counselling help as well from a good clinical psychologist.

Answered: Sat, 8 May 2010
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

thanku bharath.i had been on councelling for a fair time but that didnt do much help.are there any special treatments available

Answered: Sat, 8 May 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor