Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

I have severe itching in the groin area

i have severe itching in the groin area & it is red. I took the opinion of DR.Murugusundram & he diagnoised it as intertrigo & adviced Lobate-G skin cream with Liquid paraffin for a month. The situation improved & relapsed again after 3 months. This time he advised Zyclo-G skin cream with liquid paraffin. The situation again improved & relapsed again after 3 months. This time he diagnoised it as atopic dermatitis & suggested MPA skin cream with Zensoft emollient with liquid paraffin. The situation improved & relapsed again. He advised me to repeat MPA only & said that there is no permanent cure. I have gathered information from internet that you have cured many such cases. I need your help doctor . I request you to give me an appointment for taking your opinion & advice for a permanent cure. regards Somnath R Ramapuram Chennai Cell :-94443-04513
Asked On : Mon, 12 Jul 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  676
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query
There is no absolute cure for this. Are u living in a moist, humid climate ? Do u have diabetes? If soni strongly advice u to wear boxer shorts and keep the area dryalways

Have a healthy life
Answered: Wed, 7 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor