Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

I have red blotchy rash, hot to touch, worse around joints under arms, kindly suggest

red blotchy rash, hot to touch, worse around joints , under arms near armpits and wrists, inner thighs, tops and sides of feet About once a year, usually in the spring, I get an allergic-like rash. Hot, itchy patches of small bumps that are worse around my joints. Rash is on tops and sides of feet. Ankles. Knees and behind knees. Inner thighs up to groin area. Outer thighs. Buttocks . Under side of arms and wrists. Nothing on my torso , not belly or back. Benedryl has not worked. Cool air feels good. The shower makes me itch. Moving makes me itch. There are moments when I really want to scratch it until i almost bleed. Not sure if it s food related or environment. No med changes. No unusual foods. No change in soaps or lotion or deodorant. Help!!! Kelly RN
Asked On : Fri, 3 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  1913
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
please consult dermatologist
these are probably urticarial rashes and need long continued treatment with various anti allergic drugs .some times steroids may have to be used any organic diseases to be ruled out
you can take allagra 180 two times daily
and can take levo cetrizine along with at night
use some calamine like lotion if it helps
consult doctor
Answered: Fri, 3 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor