Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

I have problems in disc bulge and disc herniation

Hi I am 25 years old and suffering from a back pain from last 3years. It was not a constant pain but i used to get it once in 4-5 months . But from last 8-9 months my condition got very worse. Now my pain is constant 24X7. I cant walk or stand for more than 5-8 minutes. So finally i went for a MRI scan. My report says : A disc bulge at L3-L4 and disc herniation (protrusion) at L4-L5 and disc herniation (extrusion) at L5-S1 level causing significant compressive effect over the traversing and exiting nerve roots bilaterally. I consulted with few Orthopedic Doctors , they all r saying to go for a surgery. But one said to go for a physiotherapy . i consulted with one M.P.T (Neuro) he is saying , i can get rid of all this pain in just 3-4 months of regular therapy. I am completely blank what to do or not. Can any one please suggest me how i should proceed. Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  650
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
at present, according to your MRI report , physiotherapy won't help you much.
What you neesd is surgical intervention i.e.microdiscectomy
It is very safe surgery & recovery is very fast
For the surgery you can contact me at
Take Care
Answered: Mon, 21 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor