Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

I have problem with higher amount of Hemoglobin and i am active smoker

I am having problem with higher amount of Hemoglobin. This is happening last 5 years and every 3 month taking out blood . I also consult with many doctors and they were did many exams and could not find exact reasons. They also asked me to stop smoking, i did 6 month and nothing changed. Is there any possibility that i can keep control this Hemoglobin level? Robinson - Pakistan
Asked On : Sat, 12 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  102
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query

Higher hb is called polycythemia and it most often seen in smokers. I am also going to avice u to stop smoking. Phelebotomy is another option. Discuss that with your doctor
Have a healthy living
Answered: Fri, 12 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor