Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

I have placed a crown for my teeth.Now its terribly paining.What should I do ?

I got a decayed tooth and last year i have placed a crown for my teeth. Now its terribly paining and the crown has come little down. Wat should i do?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Feb 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  219
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Dentist 's  Response
you did not mention that you go for root canal treatment prior to crown placement or not?i will suggest you please go to an endodontist in your area and go for the complete examination done including x-ray of that tooth.and please follow all the given instructions properly and take a proper treatment.
if you get this crown with root canal treatment,you need to go for re-treatment done,if not than you should go for root canal treatment.nothing to get worried.take care
Dr.Gunjan Gupta
Answered: Tue, 26 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Kamal Hasan's  Response
hi.u need to go for an iopa xray of the involved tooth, which will reveal the etiology of pain.if crown has been placed without doing rct, then u need to go for root canal treatment.if the crown has been placed after rct, then may be the rct is not such case re rct is required.take antibiotics and analgesics to control the infection and pain.wish u good health
Answered: Sat, 23 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, please take an X ray and visit your dentist. There may be an infection in the tooth. You have not mentioned whether you had gone for a root canal treatment before capping. I think it was not done. Please get a root canal procedure done. If it was done, you may have to get the procedure repeated. If the procedure does not give you relief, the tooth may have to be extracted as it is done in some chronic cases. You can take pain killers and antibiotics for temporary relief.Take care!
Answered: Mon, 14 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor