Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

I have pimples on my face, how to get rid of these?

Sir in my face I have more pimples please suggest me good cream in amway product .my age is 23 my height 5 .earlier i was taking treatment in ST JHONS HOSPITAL from past 6months for pimples but no use of taking it .pimples is not reduce sir
Asked On : Tue, 26 Apr 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  537
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hello mamtha,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
Please tell the kind of pimple you have. Are they blackheads, red spots or yellow pus filled bumps?
what treatment have you taken so far. I am not sure how much Amway products will help. these are just cosmetics. what you need is a proper medical treatment.
Please give the details so that we can suggest you better.
Answered: Tue, 26 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Dear Mamtha
Acne responds to some of the herbs very nicely and topical application may not be needed at all. Tab. allerin and gandhak rasayan with mah manjishtha arish give very quick and permanent results . do not touch or squeez them.
Answered: Tue, 26 Apr 2011
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response

Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

Mamtha,pimples are multifactorial ,and therefore one has to find the exact cause of it.
It can be because of wrong use of soaps to moisturizers or any fairness creams which one is using , to hormonal disturbances if anybody has(esp in females).So,a complete work up is necessary in all patients.Also one should remember that its not a short course treatment,but a matter of say 6 months or so if pimples are sever .
Firstly I would advise you to stop all cosmetic creams if you are using on face.
Also look for other features of hormonal imbalance in body like weight gain,irregular periods,facial hair & scalp hair loss.If you have any of these then get a hormonal profile done.In such cases conventional treatment for acne would not work,and one needs hormonal tablets to cure acne.
In case you don't have any hormonal imbalance & you don't respond to conventional treatment, then one can take retinoids .Retinoids is a wonderful medicine for acne ,provided one gets all the relevant investigations and takes care of all the precautions associated with it.According to the body weight one needs to take it for at-least 6 months .
Along with the above treatment you would also require topical cream to apply.

St.johns (the one in bangalore) is a good hospital with very efficient doctors in dermatology.I had worked in st.johns in dermatology dept in year 2000.
I would advice you to discuss above possibilities with your doctor and I am sure you would get good response .

Answered: Tue, 26 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor