I have persistent extremely painful left ovary after intercourse. What is causing this pain ?

my boyfriend are very serious and had unproteced sex multiple times within the past few days. i have an iud and have never had problems. after we had finished last night about an hour later my left overy has been extremely painful and it has persisted throughout the day. this happened sunday and it still hurts. the past 2 days ive been getting randomly nauses and have been and little more emotional than normal. any ideas?
Thu, 29 Dec 2011