Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

I have patulous eustachian tube syndrome. Suggest me remedy

sir, i am 28 and Male. I am facing ear related problem. I hear my own voice when i speak. I also hear my breathing and feel ear drum moving in synchronous with breathing. Problem gets alleviated when i eat something but to come back in few minutes. After exercise it becomes intolerable. I consulted an ENT specialist few years back. i was diagnosed with clogged Eustachian tube then. I was kept on medication for few days. But, no improvement was observed. i was told to live with this problem with few personal precautions. Days passed by, i started ignoring the problem. But,, now problem has become more sever and i want to get rid of this. Though, i was diagnosed with clogged Eustachian tube, i fear it is Patulous Eustachian tube syndrome as all my symptoms lead to this conclusion . please suggest me anything which help me get out of this problem.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Feb 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  769
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Dear Mangi

your symptoms perfectly fits into patulous tube since long back you have not consulted doctor better consult now and get impedance audiometry and other ET function test done. If it is too much patulous can be corrected by surgery
Answered: Fri, 25 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
thanks for your kind response. since last few days i am visiting an ENT specialist. But, he is quite confused with my problem. At one point he termed my problem psychological and advised me to live with it. But, i know it is not psychological. please advise me any good ENT specialist within Gujarat as i belong to this state.
Answered: Wed, 9 Mar 2011
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response
Hi Mangi,

This can be a patulous eustachian tube. The medicines meant to relieve clogging of your ear can actually worsen this condition. You get a thorough check up done by a good ENT specialist in Gujarath to confirm this diagnosis. Also go through the following article for further information

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Thu, 10 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor