Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

I have pain in my left hand joint and it is swelling

I (Shain 31 Yrs) Fall down while playing football (On 21 Feb 2011) and my left hand joint had some pain and swelling. I went to the hospital and took an xray and there was no fracture in it. after one week also the pain and the swelling didn t go off. So I went again to the hospital and they took another Xray and didn t find any fracture in it. As I was driving that time the doctor suggested to take rest for a week and if there is no improvement then take a CT scan for detailed analysis. I feel some improvement but I cannot bend the hand properly due to some pain. Please suggest how to proceed
Asked On : Thu, 10 Feb 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  245
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
In such injuries at this juncture of time hot fomentation and rest with analgesic is the cure. Amongst herbal medicines we recommend local application of pyrofex gel, application of crape bandage internally have 2tablets of myostaal and one tablet of punarnava guggul
Answered: Thu, 10 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Sasi kala's  Response
welcome to h & m
some times in injury the swelling and pain remains as it is but investigation report says it is normal. for this type of injury pains best medicines available in homeopathy. medicines like arnica,natrum sulph will help you to cure the disease symptoms.

Take care.
Answered: Thu, 10 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Shirish Sachdeva's  Response
Hi Dear,

First of all I would like to make it clear here that you have an injury. It is not something that has developed over years. Definately, if you do not have a fracture or a dislocation it seems to be more or less of a soft tissue injury.

So, therefore there is no need of further x-rays if the first one does not show you any fracture until and unless the x-ray was of a lower quality with bones not visible clearly.

I cannot comment on the hurry to get the CT scan done without being referred to a orthopaedic or sports medicine rehabilitation department for the rehabilitation of the injury in combination with the medication.

I would suggest you also see Physical Therapist of the conserned speciality to undergo the therapy for the same. Which would be decided after thoroughly evaluating the injury site.

Hoping for a fast recovery.

Dr.Shirish Sachdeva
Orthopaedic & Neurological
Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation
Lifestyle Medicine Counsellor
Answered: Thu, 10 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor