Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

I have pain in my knee joint for last 3 to 4 year. I have high BP and had thyroid

i have pain in my knee joint for last 3 to 4 year and no medicine is properly improving my pain.i cant even fold my knee or sit bending my knees.what is the cure for age is 45 yrs,height is 4 9 ,weight is 55 kg .i have high B.P and i taken 2 tablets regularly for this.there is no other problem right now. Few yrs ago i use to suffer from Thyroid and by taking eltroxin it is now curred and i donot have any problem from it.sometime i cant even walk properly. if i walk for a long time my legs start paining badly.
Asked On : Tue, 21 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
welcome to HCM,
read your prob, nothing to worry it is nothing but age related arthritis.
you should start tab glucosemin 500mg twice a day, tab calcium 500mg twice a day for atleast 6month. dont use pain killer if it is tolrable. get X-ray of knee joint . disscuss it with your treating doc.
Dr aseem 9982583020
Answered: Tue, 21 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello ratna;
welcome to HeathcareMagic
Pain in knee joint at age of 45yrs in female can be due to osteoarthritis which is a degenerative disease of bone affecting almost 80% menopausal women.Since the pain is 3-4 yrs old i guess you have taken X-ray and other investigations like uric acid to rule out gout.You will have to take calcium tablets with calcitrol and antioxidants like Vitamins A;C;D;E and methylcobalamine and the pain will reduce also you can wear knee support during walking or work.Please discuss the options with a Orthopaedic surgeon.
Answered: Tue, 21 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor