Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

I have noticed unexplained and painful bruising on my lower back

I am 43 years of age and have recently been suffering from deep aching in my right side- lower back, buttocks, hip and knees. Today I noticed unexplained bruising on my lower back that is painful. Any ideas?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Mar 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  4056
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. Could be muscular or neuralgic pain.. Has to be evaluated to know the cause..

Answered: Tue, 16 Mar 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. Radhika Thyagaraju's  Response
deep pain with bruising can be due to trauma. In women it is common due to osteoporosis. Hence it is important to rule out the causes of osteoporosis and also to treat the cause of pain. I would advise you to get a mri of your lumbosacral spine and a lab investigation of hemoglobin, serum calcium etc. With these reports kindly consult your physician for further management, i hope i have answered your query. Take care
Answered: Mon, 5 Dec 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. K. P. V. Rao's  Response
Hi Heather,
Welcome to HCM.
Your complaint of deep aching pains on right lower back and buttocks and hips and knees with bruising suggest that you may be sufferring from some bleeding disorder like hemophilia.Get your PT/CT and bleeding time done at a good laboratory and get back to me with the results---I will provide you further advice.Take care.
Answered: Mon, 5 Dec 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor