Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

I have noticed a lump underneath skin located in my vaginal area, please advise

I have recently noticed a lump underneath the skin in my vagina. It hurt when i touch it. it feels swollen. when ever i look at it i cant see anything thing. but when i touch it i feel this lump. i was thinking a piece of hair was stuck somewhere due to shaving but i cant find it. usually i am able to. i think this maybe something serious. the lump is the size of a cherry. someone please tell me what you think. -thanks
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jun 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  451
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
it means your growing
Answered: Tue, 1 Mar 2011
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
You have folliculitis.Please see a doctor for antibiotics.
Answered: Wed, 2 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Have you had this before because you said you thought it might be due to an ingrown hair but you couldn't find it and you usually can. If this is common for you maybe it is something like that, also I hear it is common to get abscesses in that area too. Try soaking in a hot bath with Epsom salts and see if you cant bring it to a head.Maybe even keep a hot washcloth down there while watching t.v.. When all else fails, go see a professional.
Answered: Fri, 11 Jun 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor