I have mitral valve prolapse with regurgatation trivial, is it dangerous ?

My doctor said i have mitral valve prolapse with regurgatation trivial, is this dangerous? Sometimes its hard to breath... I m 22 years old. What s the disadvantage of this disease? Please help me..thanks... I was diagnose last 2003, that time i thought i almost die, i can t breath and it hurts. Last year i resigned to my work in the hotel as a receptionist, cause I almost got heart attack when im on duty. Before i was a runner... Now its hard for me to work things like laundry or carry heavy things. I had always an irregular heart beat... Im already married last 4 months, and i like to have a baby soon... Is this okay? My doctor give me a medicine, therabloc i start drinking that since 2003 he said its a lifetime med. but last year he reduce the dosage, instead of 1 tablet everyday, i drink half tablet. Now he said too, its okay to stop drinking medicine, but im confuse i doubt what he said cause there are times i still have shortness or hard to breath. Do i have to consult to other doctors?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009