Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

I have many other aches and pains and bowel issues. Any one know ?

I've been having bone pains going on two years now. Dr. checked for fybromyalga and said I need more sleep and that I'm just depressed. A couple of months ago I had a large infection in my upper jaw and had it surgicaly removed by the dentist. I've had pain and a full feeling on my left side. Now on Friday I noticed swelling where my spleen is located. I do not have insurance and don't know what to do. I'm fearful that the exposer to a chemical from and old work place might have done something. I have many other aches and pains and bowel issues. Any one know ?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Apr 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  452
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. What is your age??? Splenomegally with chronic history of joint pain, need full evaluation which would include complete blood counts and bone marrow examination... I would suggest you to see a doctor and get a physical examination to confirm if the swelling is a splenic swelling or a local swelling.. "DO NOT NEGLECT THis OR WAIT FOR TOO LONG".. It could be a very serious condition..

Answered: Fri, 16 Apr 2010
Neurologist Dr. Johannes Peperkamp's  Response
Dear Jody,Generalized pains in joints/bones, sleep disturbances,cognitive decline and tiredness with bowel problems are related to CFS(chronic fatique syndrome) and fibromyalgia( ME). This is related to an immune disorder due to intoxication by bacteria,virus or chemical intoxications.The bowel system plays hereby an important role.To make things clear you need to be tested on a number of immune tests and heavy metal tests and test of a number of infectious microorganisms.
Therapy after tests is complex and must be done by a specialist(I am working in this field as a neurologist with prof Michael Maes).Your main problem is no insurance as those investigations are expensive). Send me lab tests results and I can try to help you
Dr Peperkamp
Answered: Mon, 28 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor