Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

I have lumbar spondylosis. What can i do in my condition ?

I have pain in the left side of lumber.exray says c2,c3,c5,c6,l1,s1 are having less space.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  201
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,Kumud thanks for query.You have not mentioned you age.Normally with the advancement of age wear and tear happens to every body and most of the bones in body.Take calcium supplements,diet rich in vitamins and calcium.Also after advise from your doctor do regular exercise which will strengthen your muscles and help to reduce pain.bye.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Spondylosis is a degenerative condition of the spine bones. You will need physiotherapy to get relief. Consume vitamin and mineral rich diet like well washed fresh fruits and vegetables, high proteins line pulses, cereals,. Drink plenty of water. Ask your Doctor/Physiotherapist for proper postures to avoid neck strain. Pain killers may be prescribed. Certain surgeries are also there but can be done only in selected cases. In case you experience any tingling, numbness, weakness of you arm, fingers, contact your Orthopaedician/Neurologist.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Diabetologist Dr. Sudharshan's  Response

Welcome to Healthcare magic forum,

Do u have pain in lower back which radiates to leg? do u hv pain in neck also?
Less space in spines indicates the disc bulge or prolapse which is causing the symptoms, to get clear detailed diagnosis pls get MRI scan of the spine and consult orthopedic doctor for proper treatment.
Meanwhile few advise to follow, dont ride 2 wheelers, dont life heavy weight, sleep on flat surface, no sudden bending and turning, give hot fomentation.

All the best,
Hope I have answered ur question.
Answered: Mon, 6 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Suhani Sethi's  Response
welcome to hcm
u r beginning the onset of spondylysis in cervical and lumbar spine
even though u have pain only in the back the neck vertebrae are also affected but u r not presenting with pain now, but it can be soon
u have to be treated for both lumbar and cervical spondylysis
it is very imp to consult a physio to prevent it further
do hot fomentation to neck and back.
for lumbar sponds:
ask your physio to show u static back abs exercises
avoid bending with back rounded
while getting up from bed turn on one side and get up
if your job demands standing for long periods of time place one leg ona stool and get up
place a lumbar roll behind your back while sitting.
for cervical sponds:
neck isometric exercises
traction are useful
physio modality like TNS can give u pain relief in both the conditions
consult a physio for details of all these
Answered: Tue, 7 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor