Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

I have low white blood cells for more than 1 year

am 28 years old female. I have low white blood cells for more than 1 year and mainly neutropenia and the rest of the CBC are normal. no other symptom i have, am getting worry other test i did negative HIV , HB, HC and the mantoux test is 13 mm and i scratch it cause it is itchy. so is it positive ? and i dont have any symptom for TB like cough or night sweating or fever what shall I do after that ?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Mar 2011
Answers:  7 Views:  496
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Homeopath 's  Response
Hi greetings from health care magic
White blood cells or leukocytes are the cells of the immune system. They protect the body against the foreign materials and infections. reduction in white blood cell count leads to weakened immune system, as these cells are an integral part of the immune system. A person with low white blood cell count is at higher risk of bacterial, fungal and viral infections due to a compromised immune system. The infections of gastrointestinal system, lungs, throat and bladder are are some typical examples of low white blood cell count infections.
When you notice the symptoms of infection due to leukopenia, you should immediately consult the doctor. Complete blood count and absolute neutrophil count are the commonly recommended tests for the diagnosis of leukopenia. Sometimes, a bone marrow examination is suggested by the doctor for an accurate diagnosis.
Besides that have a balanced and nutritious diet. Add more fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet. Avoid all junk and fast foods. Thank you
Answered: Sat, 12 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.welcome.You have not mentioned the value of your counts so I can't comment on it.Since rest of the tests done by you are normal Nd your doctor hasn't suggested anything then I can presume that everything is alright.Your Mx test has probably no significance.Relax,exercise regularly and have good diet.Good luck.
Answered: Fri, 23 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Namitha's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.You seem to have a prolonged period of low blood counts. have you been regularly checking the blood counts. This can make your immunity very weak and you will be prone to infections. Low blood counts can occur in different medical conditions. You need immediate medical care. Wishing you well.
Answered: Sat, 12 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
You are having low WBC count means you are lacking in immunity and so you are prone to catch any sort of infection easily.As you have been ruled out for HIV so you are not suffering from any chronic disease.You need to boost up your dietary habits and also maintain your hygiene properly so that you are not affected by any infection.

you can take cheledonium majus 30 4 tabs 4 times in day for 15 days which will help your food to digest properly and increase your immunity.It is said to be liver tonic.
If you do not see any positive results within this much time you can consult your nearest homeopathic physician for the same.

Hope this helps,
dr jignesh
Answered: Sat, 12 Mar 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Vikram Singh Yadav's  Response
Reduced WBC count is known as Leukopenia, it can also happen due to intake of some drugs, like clozapine, anti psychotics drugs, and many immunosupressive drugs can also cause it, if you have any drug history please do mention that to your near by doctor, what about your spleen? WBC count also decreases in hyperspleenism.
Answered: Sat, 12 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1.low white blood cells:look out for any Auto immune disease and go for bone marrow aspiration.
2.what about your thyroid report??
Answered: Fri, 23 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Answered: Fri, 23 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor