Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

I have low back ache, can I exercise once the pain is reduced ?

I have low back ache because of gap being narrowed between L5 and S 1 Can this be corrected and can i exercise once the pain is reduced
Asked On : Sat, 15 Jan 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  237
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
All your queries can be answered once you get MRI of lumbosacral spine done, Since Mri can give the exact information, how much the spinal cord is getting compressed, & what type of exercises can help you the most
Take Care
Answered: Tue, 18 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
To decide future course your detailed investigative reports are a must. But you problem can be solved in Ayurveda with the help of procedure Kati vasti inwhich herbal medicated oil is kept over affected area and repeated sittings are given for that.
Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul
Answered: Sat, 29 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Jijo Jose's  Response
your back pain can be reduced by regular exercises if you have no any neurological deficit. since the space is reduced your disc might be degenerated and if it is extruded into the spinal canal it can result in neurological deficits . so get evaluated clinically and radiologically (MRI scan) and decide about the treatment part.
dr jijo
Answered: Sat, 29 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor