Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

I have l5 s1 extrusion from past 1yr, please suggest what kind of surgery will help me

I m 23yrs old and i have l5 s1 extrusion from past 1 year...i have tried physio therpay,injections,medicine but nothing worked for me and when i consulted a neurologist he advsd surgery...plz suggest me what kind of surgery will height i 5'11..weight 80kg

Asked On : Tue, 9 Nov 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  311
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
You have disc prolapse at L5-S1 inter space which is compressing your nerve roots, as rightly said by your doctor you need to undergo discectomy where they will remove disc between L5 - S1, and that releives pressure on nerve root. There are many types
1 open discectomy
2 pin hole discectomy
3 microscopic discectomy
its better to under go piun hole discectomy which is less invasive but cistly procedure.
take care
Answered: Sat, 27 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor