Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

I have just had a heart attack how much am i entitled to per week?

i have just had a heart attack how much am i entitled to per week? i have 5 children at home under 15
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
It's this sort of train of thought that has got the country into the state it's in! Sorry to hear of your plight but there's nothing automatic coming your way in terms of "payments". If you are self employed, call the tax office for advice if your doctor has suggested you have time off work - I imagine this would be the case. If you are employed, you would get sick pay from your employer or would be entitled to statutory sick pay which isn't much. But hey! You must be getting about £250 a month child benefit with 5 kids in tow. That IS an automatic payment you get in good old UK - just for the privilege of having children!
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor