Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

I have infected ear lobes, kindly help me

i have really infected ear lobe issue. it is an infection caused by earrings. Back at home we simply start using gold earrings. but since i dont have any hear in pain. Can you please advice a medicine or remedy I have infected ear lobes. liquids come out of my earring holes. and they dry up. its painful.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  641
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Contaminants like nickel, chromium or cobalt in earrings can cause an allergic reaction which may get infected later. Stop using the earrings and clean the area regularly with an anti-septic like Savlon or Betadine solution. Apply an antibiotic cream such as Soframycin or creams containing an antibiotic, anti-fungal and steroid such as Betnovate GM or Nadimix. If the ear lobes do not respond, get a culture sensitivity done. If the infection spreads to the nearby cartilage or further larger area around, you may require oral antibiotics and anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory medications in addition.
Answered: Sun, 16 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor