Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

I have hypothyroidism problem. Can I get help from any Online doctor

I am a 34 year old female with 2 kids -- 5yrs old and 9 months old. During my second pregnancy - I was dectected with hypothyroidism and given dosage of 50 mcg daily Thyronorm. After delivery I have started taking homeopathic medicine for hypothyroidism given by my doctor . My TSH Levels have gone done from 9.54 to 6.97 over the last 3 months and also I feel more energetic. But my TPO levels have increased drastically from 1300 to 3171 in the last 3 months which is contradicting the improvement in thyroid. The doctor asked me to get a repeat test done which indicates the same result. As per him - the TSH levels have improved as well as the thyroid symptoms are reducing; also TPO should have come down. Please guide since I was reading on the internet that a high TPO can indicate thyroid cancer as well
Asked On : Sun, 21 Nov 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  262
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
here is recent time tested herbal product namely thyroid complex introduced by usa,the claim is 100%cure with all related disease.many clinical test has shown that this product elimanate very swiftly any condition thyriodism.I f you feel need the please contact me at my private mailing address
dr,mohsin madni
Answered: Wed, 28 Sep 2011
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Hypothyroididm with high TPO antibodies suggest auto-immune disorder like Hashimoto's thyroiditis. In such cases where the TPO antibodies are high warrants immunotherapy using drugs to reduce immune response. You will need to get an FNAC of the thyroid to confirm the diagnosis and then consult an Endocrinologist for best care. Eat healthy. Drink plenty of water. Exercise daily to keep weight in control. Stay stress free.
Answered: Wed, 28 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
welcome to HCM,
As your TSH level and symptoms are decreasing then TPO must have to come down.
Don't worry repeat the test in good qualified laboratory. surely your confusion will get down with TPO level. LOL.....
Take care...
Answered: Fri, 26 Aug 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor