Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

I have hole in my eardrum

Dear Sir, I have hole in my eardrum. I want to know exactly what is done in the surgery (process of surgery) to repair the hole in eardrum ?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jan 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  940
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi. The procedure will be decided by the doctor once he has a look at your ear. The general procedure is called tympanoplasty which is a surgical operation to correct damage to the middle ear and restore the integrity of bones of the middle ear and the ear drum. Tympano- comes from the Greek tympanon meaning drum.
Answered: Mon, 28 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

Tympanoplasty where in the tympanic membrane is repaired and made intact.

Answered: Sat, 23 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor