Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

I have high uric acid of 8.0. any suggestions

I have high uric acid problem it is 8.0 please could you suggest some thing for me
Asked On : Thu, 7 Apr 2011
Answers:  5 Views:  432
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hi Dear Doctor, I am a male and 32 years old, and my Uric acid is 8. and i have joint pain in my leg and swelling and i take Zyloric tabe 300mg ,I want know is zyloric have any sideffectes on kidneyes and sex?
Answered: Sun, 17 Apr 2011
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response
hi shahid ;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
i think ur uric acid level is not so high
ui should try to control by diet only
try to avoid proteins like pulses,protein excess leads to the uric acid formation so try to consult some orthopaedicains which would be much helpful n dont worry u wil be fine
Answered: Sun, 17 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi Dear doctor. i hav high level uric acid is almost in 8 plaese tell me am i must stope eating tomato too?
Answered: Sun, 17 Apr 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Dear Shahid,thanks for query.Your uric acid levels are high but not very high.If you are symptomatic means having joint pain need medicines along with diet modification.Please consult your doctor for medicines.Avoid taking high protein diet like pulses,dals etc.Keep your blood checked on regular basis ,you will be fine.take care.
Answered: Thu, 7 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
hi shahid ;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
As you know the uric acid is high ;the high levels of uric acid affect the Joints of our body causing swelling; inflammation giving rise to pain in joints.This condition is called Gout.The main question is do you have any symptoms?;if you don't have it is fine just control your diet .Avoid or reduce intake of meat;beef;tomato;brinjal(better is to stop non-veg for some time till the levels revert to normal).If you have any symptoms please consult a doctor for treatment if it is required.
Answered: Thu, 7 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor