Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

I have high pitch noise and now hearing loss

my husband has recently started to have very bad ringing in his left ear and lots of pain. He can barely hear anything out of the ear. Doctor told him he had air behind the eardrum . Was given antibiotics and was told to take sudafed ..Gradually he s losing his hearing..what can we do? please help!
Asked On : Wed, 2 Feb 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  356
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response
Hi Lydia My name is Karen I have MS (multiple sclerosis) I am currently having the same problem my GP seems to think it is exasperation of my MS, I don't know if I will get my hearing back but I just thought I would let you know my situation. Has he ever had any other symptoms like dizziness, tingling in fingers, feet and lots of other things . Have a look at MS online if this rings any bells.
Answered: Mon, 21 Feb 2011
ENT Specialist Dr. Dinesh Valse's  Response
Dear Lydia

you have wrote that doc told there is air behind eardrum. little amount of air is always needed for hearing its not abnormal. whats age of your husband has he got attack of cold recent past. consult ENT surgeon let him see his ear and then get audiogram and impedence done.
Answered: Mon, 21 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response
hello lydia... his condition can b completley cured n his hearing will come back to normal with homeopathic medicine.. consult a homeopath.. god bless...
Answered: Tue, 22 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response
Hi Lydia,

You get an impedance audiometry done, this will identify the amount of fluid and the compliance of the ear drum. Then the doctor might plan to insert tubes inside the ear to relieve the fluid. Please, do consult an ENT specialist. Also, advise him to take steam inhalation 3-4 times/day, saline nasal drops 3 drops 3-4 times/day and drink plenty of warm water. This will relieve the eustachian tube (the tube connecting nose and the ear).


Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Wed, 2 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor