Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

I have high level of serum alkaline phosphate. Have loose motion

hi, i m 55 years old .my serum alkaline phosphate level is 843 units per liter.and having loose motion from 10 days.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Jan 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  695
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query

Raised alkaline phosphatase is seen in obstructive jaundice. It would have helped me better if u had told me the entire LFT
U need to get an USG abd and pelvis done. Loose stools can be because of the obstruction

have a healthy living
Answered: Sun, 21 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
High ALP and loose stools indicate obstructive cholestatic disease which causes malabsorption of fats and hence diarrhoea. You need to stay away from fatty food, alcohol, hepatotoxic drugs at all costs. Avoid sex without condom unless you are proved of not having sexually transmitted Hepatitis. This problem can be seen in infective hepatitis, gall bladder stones and other related diseases of the hepatobiliary system. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink enough water. Get required ultrasound of hepatobiliary tree for diagnosing the cause as well as serum values to diagnose hepatitis as suspected by your Doctor.
Answered: Sun, 21 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor