Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

I have high BP, Is there something I can do myself to help ?

I am in school for medical assisting, and today we were learning how to take blood pressures. When the girl taking mine said how high it was, the teacher came and listened and she said it was 208/122. They advised me to see my doc right away, but i dont have insurance. Is there something i can do myself to help ? I am 23 yrs old, I am 5 4 and 148lbs. I eat kinda healthy, not horrible, but not the best...any ideas ?
Fri, 5 Aug 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Welcome To Health Care Magic
I would advise you to go to a doctor and get it throughly checked.If your blood pressure has ben accurately measured than it is high and you should go to your doctor.I wonder how so high blood pressure hs not created any issue to you or you have not mentioned it.
Have it examined by a physician.
Hope now you are isured and you will visit your doctor soon.
Take care.
Nephrologist Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha's  Response
Thanks for the query
The bp reading if true then it is acc hypertension and requires medical line of management along with conventional ones. If you don't get treated soon then I am afraid u will end up spending more for the complications.
Have a healthy living
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor