Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

I have had repeated knee injuries with some swelling and pain also limp while walking. What can be done ?

Hello there, I met with an accident 3 years back. I fell from my bike putting all the weight on my knee . I was not able to put my right leg on the ground for 2 days. I visited the doctor and he suggested some tablets, ointments and physio. I visited the physio for 10 days but it didn t helped much.. slowly and gradually I recovered and was able to run and play cricket..though somewhere the injury was still in my mind and was not completely fit.. 3 years later, I got back that Injury again while playing cricket as I streched so much that I was not able to move.. same thing happened, I was not able to put my right leg on the ground for 2 days, visited doctor, he again said all those things and said you will have to do physio plus cycling.. cycling may heal the injury and if doesn t after 2 months, you will have to go for a surgery . It s been three month after that happened and I still have some swelling and pain. I can t walk properly. But I still can climb staircase and do cycling.. pls tell me what can be done in this case.. My name is Rupesh and I am 27.5 yrs old. My height is 5.10 and weight is 85 KG.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  119
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Most probably there is ACL torn in your kneee
Get an MRI of KNee done &mail the report to me at
I am an arthroscopy surgeon in Jaipur & you'll need an arthroscopic procedure for complete cure, & by MRI I can decide the exact procedure
TAke Care
Answered: Mon, 25 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Dear Rupesh,I think after discussion with your surgeon you may need an MRI of joint to diagnose the injury first.In some ligament tear or injuries they do not heal without surgery and allowing some degree movement and gives rise to pain in particular movement.Please talk to your doctor,you may take second opinion just for reference and even today specialist like sport injury specialist are also available who can help you.bye and take care.
Answered: Fri, 22 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor