I have had repeated knee injuries with some swelling and pain also limp while walking. What can be done ?

Hello there, I met with an accident 3 years back. I fell from my bike putting all the weight on my knee . I was not able to put my right leg on the ground for 2 days. I visited the doctor and he suggested some tablets, ointments and physio. I visited the physio for 10 days but it didn t helped much.. slowly and gradually I recovered and was able to run and play cricket..though somewhere the injury was still in my mind and was not completely fit.. 3 years later, I got back that Injury again while playing cricket as I streched so much that I was not able to move.. same thing happened, I was not able to put my right leg on the ground for 2 days, visited doctor, he again said all those things and said you will have to do physio plus cycling.. cycling may heal the injury and if doesn t after 2 months, you will have to go for a surgery . It s been three month after that happened and I still have some swelling and pain. I can t walk properly. But I still can climb staircase and do cycling.. pls tell me what can be done in this case.. My name is Rupesh and I am 27.5 yrs old. My height is 5.10 and weight is 85 KG.
Thu, 29 Dec 2011