I have had recently done systolic/Dystolic BP test, please suggest me

I have had two recently blood presure readings done. On both occasions the Systolic reading was good. My Dystolic was on the first occasion a little high and last week it was higher! I am due to have another reading done soon, because of this. Has anyone had such a problem ?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
I come across this problem 10 times in a day. It all depends how high your diastolic readings are, and if they persistently stay high ie above 100, then you should be started on medication to bring it down. Ideally I would like to have it checked by Practice Nurse as well, because quite frequently people have what we call 'WHITE-COAT' hypertension, which means when they go to see their GP/doctor, their BP goes up. so the options are 1. recheck by Practice Nurse 2. Your doctor can refer you to hospital for 24 hour BP check, which monitors BP over period of 24 hours( this is considered gold standard to really find if you have high BP. 3. Buy a Bp apparatus (digital) ones are commonly available for few dollars/pounds and accurate 4. Get it checked at local pharmacy and high street, ( UK has such provision 0